Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sweden

The last stop on my Scandinavian tour was Sweden- well Stockholm to be precise. Although I travelled through Sweden on my way to Norway on the 5th June, I didn't get to Stockholm until the 10th and I stayed until the 12th. Here's my impressions, some photos and even a video!

Stockholm:
A light drizzle of rain here and there didn't stop me from heading out and about to see Stockholm. There were so many big old buildings that were so beautiful. I don't even know what half of them are! I caught the changing of the guards (as I did in other capitals), but here it was crazy busy. So many tourists and so many big tour buses all over the place. Since being back in Adelaide, I've realised that that's probably because the youngest Swedish princess was married on the 8th, so people probably stayed around after that for a couple of days to see the sights. There was also crazy young people in flat-bed trucks with music, yelling and dancing driving around all over the city. I wasn't sure what that was about, but a google search told me that it's a tradition for high school graduates on their graduation day!



No comments:

Post a Comment